Retirement Accounts Statistics
Did you know that ...
* American's have an estimated $24 Trillion in retirement assets
* The entire gross national US debt is just $18 Trillion, making the retirement
market 33% larger.
* There are more than 600,000 people with $1 million in an I.R.A. account;
630,000 from the Government Accounting Office Data from 2011, so there are no
doubt many more now.
* More than 300 folks have $25 million or more in their IRA's. Since
contributions to IRA's are capped at rather low amounts, the majority of this
money was no doubt rollovers from company-retirement plans.
* Defined Contribution Plans, sponsored by employers, total $6.6 Trillion,
about a trillion dollars less than I.R.A. account values.
I will have some thoughts and ideas on your retirement accounts by week's end.